Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Have you tried our Colombia CoE


PTs Coffee Roasting Co.

Have you tried our Colombia El Palacio? It is great coffee that we purchased in last fall's Colombian Cup of Excellence internet auction. The coffee actually placed 4th in the competition (I was on the jury - see inset - for this particular coffee) but for us, it was the best coffee being auctioned.
It has a bright sweet acidity that is reigned in by it's velvety smooth mouth-feel. Hints of dark cherry, chocolate and black currant linger only briefly giving this coffee a pleasingly clean finish. There are only about 15 lbs left so if you haven't tried it yet, you better hurry!

The reason I write about our Colombia El Palacio right now is that I'm on my way to judge again in this years competition. I leave soon and will be cupping and evaluating the best that Colombia has to offer.

Stay tuned to this blog. I'm going to do my best to update it from time to time with results and pictures so you can get a feel for the competition and what the jury (including myself) go through.

Cheers

Java Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home